Our Eye Care Clinics in Greater Ohio Offer All Types of Contacts!
Contact lenses are the No. 1 choice of eyewear for many people. Comfortable and convenient, contacts provide crisp eyesight for almost every vision condition. In the past, you may have been told that contacts are impossible for you, due to a more complex ocular condition, such as astigmatism, dry eye, and presbyopia. Nowadays, that’s no longer the case. Advanced technology and new materials led to the design of various specialty lenses.
At Dr. Richard Hults and Associates, we’ll examine your eyes to determine the best contact lenses for your unique needs. We use cutting-edge equipment to evaluate your vision and diagnose or rule out any pre-existing ocular conditions. This is the most reliable way for you to enjoy sharp vision and lasting, quality eye health with contacts.
If you have a vision condition that classifies you as hard-to-fit, our caring eye doctors will work with you patiently to find the perfect solution. No matter what type you require, you can purchase your contact lenses in our Akron, Fairview Park, and Richmond Heights, OH, offices.
Full Selection of Contact Lenses
In order to satisfy the vision requirements of our patients in Akron, Richmond Heights, and Fairview Park, OH, we carry an extensive selection of contact lens types. Each kind has its own pros, cons, and unique features.
Soft lenses are typically comfortable within seconds after you place them in your eye. Additionally, they are effective for many vision prescriptions & eye conditions, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness & presbyopia. Altogether, these benefits make soft lenses the most popular type on the market. These lenses are composed of a flexible material that hugs your eyeball & stays in place, even if you’re very active. Here are different wearing schedules:
- Daily disposable soft contacts are worn throughout the day, removed at night & discarded. No disinfection is necessary
- Daily wear lenses are worn throughout the day & removed at bedtime. You must rinse and sterilize them nightly.
- Extended-wear lenses can be worn while you sleep, usually for up to a week. You will need to disinfect them once a week. While this schedule is convenient, it is also associated with a higher risk of eye infection.
Specialty Contact Lenses
Do you have keratoconus, astigmatism, presbyopia or another challenging vision condition? Our optometrists will perform a precise, detailed contact lens eye exam and fitting to determine the most suitable lens. We will consider your unique needs to satisfy you with a pair of specialty lenses.
- Some options include: toric lenses for astigmatism, bifocal/multifocals for presbyopia, hybrid lenses or scleral lenses for keratoconus or dry eye syndrome.
- Are you interested in orthokeratology? Our Canton optometrists are knowledgeable and experienced with ortho-k contact lenses.
- Colored contact lenses can give you a whole new look! If you’ve always wanted to change your eye color, ask our eye care specialists about cosmetic tinted or masking lenses.
Hard, Rigid Gas Permeable (GP) Lenses in Canton, OH
Sometimes, soft lenses cannot give acute vision or high wearing comfort, depending upon your vision and eyes. Yet, hard GP lenses may do the trick! They boast a high oxygen permeability, which allows your eyes to “breathe”; this reduces the risk of infections. Hard lenses typically require an adjustment period to get used to wearing them. They must be disinfected nightly, which can be tedious – however, they are extremely durable. When cared for properly, rigid gas permeable contacts can last for quite a few years.
Whether you are a newbie to contact lenses or an experienced wearer, our eye doctors will provide you with all you need! Bring your current vision prescription to replenish your contact lenses in our Akron, Richmond Height, and Fairview Park, OH, optical stores. If you do not have an up-to-date prescription, contact us to reserve your professional contact lens eye exam.