Our Eye Care Clinics in Greater Ohio Offer All Types of Contacts!
Contact lenses are the No. 1 choice of eyewear for many people. Comfortable and convenient, contacts provide crisp eyesight for almost every vision condition. In the past, you may have been told that contacts are impossible for you, due to a more complex ocular condition, such as astigmatism, dry eye, and presbyopia. Nowadays, that’s no longer the case. Advanced technology and new materials led to the design of various specialty lenses.
At Dr. Richard Hults and Associates, we’ll examine your eyes to determine the best contact lenses for your unique needs. We use cutting-edge equipment to evaluate your vision and diagnose or rule out any pre-existing ocular conditions. This is the most reliable way for you to enjoy sharp vision and lasting, quality eye health with contacts.
If you have a vision condition that classifies you as hard-to-fit, our caring eye doctors will work with you patiently to find the perfect solution. No matter what type you require, you can purchase your contact lenses in our Akron, Fairview Park, and Richmond Heights, OH, offices.
Full Selection of Contact Lenses
In order to satisfy the vision requirements of our patients in Akron, Richmond Heights, and Fairview Park, OH, we carry an extensive selection of contact lens types. Each kind has its own pros, cons, and unique features.
Soft lenses are typically comfortable within seconds after you place them in your eye. Additionally, they are effective for many vision prescriptions & eye conditions, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness & presbyopia. Altogether, these benefits make soft lenses the most popular type on the market. These lenses are composed of a flexible material that hugs your eyeball & stays in place, even if you're very active.
Here are different wearing schedules:
Daily disposable soft contacts are worn throughout the day, removed at night & discarded. No disinfection is necessary
Daily wear lenses are worn throughout the day & removed at bedtime. You must rinse and sterilize them nightly.
Extended-wear lenses can be worn while you sleep, usually for up to a week. You will need to disinfect them once a week. While this schedule is convenient, it is also associated with a higher risk of eye infection.
Is your child ready for soft contact lenses?
Many parents share the same concerns about their child’s vision to ensure success in school, sports, and everything else. Children vary on their level of responsibility, but there’s no set age when to start contact lenses. Not only can contact lenses give your child confidence and enjoy the freedom from eyeglasses, but contact lenses are a great way to develop responsibility, cleanliness, and following a schedule.
Contact lenses can be an ideal change for your child or young teen. Contact one of our office to discuss contact lenses for your child and to schedule a contact lens exam. We’ll evaluate whether your child is ready, guide them from start to finish, and ensure they understand the advantages when wearing contact lenses.
Do you have keratoconus, astigmatism, presbyopia or another challenging vision condition? Our optometrists will perform a precise, detailed contact lens eye exam and fitting to determine the most suitable lens. We will consider your unique needs to satisfy you with a pair of specialty lenses.
Some options include: toric lenses for astigmatism, bifocal/multifocals for presbyopia, hybrid lenses or scleral lenses for keratoconus or dry eye syndrome.
Are you interested in orthokeratology? Our Canton optometrists are knowledgeable and experienced with ortho-k contact lenses.
Colored contact lenses can give you a whole new look! If you’ve always wanted to change your eye color, ask our eye care specialists about cosmetic tinted or masking lenses.
Sometimes, soft lenses cannot give acute vision or high wearing comfort, depending on your vision and eyes. Yet, hard GP lenses may do the trick! They boast a high oxygen permeability, which allows your eyes to “breathe”; this reduces the risk of infections. Hard lenses typically require an adjustment period to get used to wearing them. They must be disinfected nightly, which can be tedious – however, they are extremely durable. When cared for properly, rigid gas permeable contacts can last for quite a few years.
Whether you are a newbie to contact lenses or an experienced wearer, our eye doctors will provide you with all you need! Bring your current vision prescription to replenish your contact lenses in our Akron, Richmond Height, and Fairview Park, OH, optical stores. If you do not have an up-to-date prescription, contact us to reserve your professional contact lens eye exam.
- When is the right time to start my child with contact lenses? Here are a few things to consider when making the decision
- Order your contact lenses here...
- With the LensCrafters 1-Day Flat Pack, your lenses are right side up, 100% of the time, inside a 1mm thin package that fits in your pocket.
- Contact lenses that feel so good, you’ll forget you’re wearing them.
- Refreshing Blink-Activated moisturizing agents provide remarkable comfort.
- We carry all of the top contact lens brands!
- If you need correction for presbyopia but dislike the idea of bifocal eyeglasses, you have many contact lens options.
- These rigid lenses aren’t as popular or well-known as soft lenses, but they offer the advantages of durability, crisp vision and high oxygen permeability.
- A hybrid lens provides clear vision that's not disrupted by astigmatism or corneal irregularity while matching the same comfort and ease as any soft lens.
Challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, keratoconus and dry eyes needn’t be a barrier to contact lens wear, but they do require more time and patience.
- Although your astigmatism may prevent you from wearing ordinary contact lenses, today there are numerous lens and treatment options available to you, such as scleral or hybrid lenses.
“I can’t wear soft contacts; I have astigmatism.” This once-true statement is now simply a myth.
Visit our interactive on-line tool and we'll guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs to help you choose the glasses that are right for you!
- Since they’re made from the same great material as monthly Air Optix® Aqua contact lenses, Air Optix® Colors can also be worn every day for a month before you need to change them.
- With daily lenses the fresh clean lenses are ready to be worn every day without rigorous and expensive care systems.
- Nowadays, there is a variety of contact lens designs to manage keratoconus and give you clear vision. The trick is to make sure that you are fit with the best type of contact lens for your individual condition.
- Myopia Control is the beginning of stopping nearsightedness in children, preventing their glasses from getting thicker every year, and ultimately ensuring healthy eyesight for their future.